Global network of more than 70 dedicated rail specialists in risk consulting and insurance brokerage… Market reach to rail underwriters worldwide.
Marsh covers the entire rail industry sphere of business, including all passenger services, all classes of freight, and all financial and operational stakeholders. Our workable solutions and services help mitigate and transfer risk for industry participants such as:
- Passenger railways, including high speed, regional, urban, and commuter.
- Infrastructure owners and managers, including public agencies sponsoring rail services.
- Operations and maintenance concessionaires.
- Long-haul and shortline freight rail operators.
- Rail logistics, terminal, and switching operators.
- Rolling stock and product manufacturers.
- Railcar leasing (lessors and lessees).
- Professional services companies supplying railway design and management services, equity partners in rail special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and joint ventures (JVs), and construction contractors.
- Locomotive and railcar repair services.
- Track and signal maintenance contractors.
- Industry trade associations.
We work with our clients to develop and implement system planning, work processes, and employee behavior improvement programs to create an underlying “culture of safety” designed to reduce out-of-pocket losses as well as insurance claims. Rail companies, public agencies, and industry organizations rely on Marsh for thought leadership, best practices, and practical solutions to today’s toughest issues.