SANRAL welcomes suitable candidates to apply for Civil Engineering Bursary Program for 2019 in South Africa. This open door is for students who wish to think about towards a college degree in BEng/BSc Civil Engineering.
Thought will be given to penniless students who have effectively finished their first year of undergrad consider or those at present enlisted for second, third, fourth year and postgraduate examinations. In any case, unequivocally propelled applications from matriculants with no less than 70% for arithmetic and science understudies contemplating towards the above Engineering fields, and enrolled with a University will likewise be considered. SANRAL is focused on creating aptitudes of understudies who express an enthusiasm for contemplating and building a vocation inside the Civil Engineering industry.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 30 September 2017
Bursary Provider: SANRAL
Bursary Location: South Africa
- A comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of recent academic record, confirmation of registration
- Certified copy of South African Identification Document
- South African Citizenship
- Motivational letter
- Parents’ or guardian’s certified copy of Identification Document
- Parents’ or guardian’s proof of income
- Books/Equipment plus compulsory excursion and seminars
- Living Allowance
INDUCTION PROGRAMME FOR NEW BURSARY STUDENTS
We will invite all new students awarded bursaries for an induction session to brief them about SANRAL’s activities. We also develop the buddy system with students where we develop relationships with them and the Project Manager who will assist them with information required for their academic projects.
Consideration will be given to needy South African students who have successfully completed their first year of undergraduate studies or those currently registered for 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and postgraduate studies. However, strongly motivated applications from first year students studying towards the Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering and registered with a university will be considered.
Bursary applicants will not be considered if they fail any subject in the current academic year. If in Grade 12 applicants should achieve the minimum of 70% in both mathematics and physical science and minimum of 70% for English.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other bursary or financial assistance from any institution
- Applicants must be registered or about to register at a recognised Tertiary Education Institution in South Africa
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Academic proficiency as proven by latest academic report
- Financial circumstances (Means test)
- Field of study
- Behavioural competencies
- Representation (female, rural, disabled and race)
- Validation of ID and qualification
How to Apply
Download Application Form and Forward all the required documents mentioned to:
Bursaries: Ms. H.A Harper/ Ms R Erasmus, 1 Havenga Street, Oakdale, Bellville, 7530
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If an applicant has not been contacted by 31 January, it should be accepted that his/her application was unsuccessful.
Successful candidates and their parent/s or guardian/s will be expected to sign the bursary agreement before making any payments for the bursary awarded